TLT is seeking up to some enthusiastic volunteers from Dhaka to join the TLT Award and Fun Night 2019 Organising Committee. If you’ve always wanted to organise events, a hands-on, technology-focused learning experience for people who work in libraries then this is the opportunity for you!
About TLT Award and Fun Night 2019
The Librarian Times (TLT) is the first ever and only and professional news bulletin in Bangladesh for the library and information profession. The board is going to host a social and professional gathering called ‘TLT Awards and Fun Night’ to celebrate the 2nd year birth anniversary of TLT. In this event, TLT is going to announce a number of awards to encourage library professionals and current library and information science (LIS) students to recognize their enthusiasm, dedication and excellence to the library profession and the accomplishments of exceptional services at school, college, university and public libraries. This is TLT initiative’s that aims to fill the gaps of lack of professional recognition in Bangladesh. The event aims to be the ‘meeting point of the LIS professionals of Bangladesh’ where everyone has the opportunity to get to know the award winners, encourage and cheers them, and a bit of networking and socializing with other professionals’ from different organizations. The border aim is to reflect a positive approach towards the library profession of Bangladesh.
What you will be expected to do:
TLT Award and Fun Night 2019 Organising Committee is responsible for:
- Venue selection
- Preparation of the technology brief and integration of the selected provider
- Establishment, in good time, of a program
- Securing of all speakers and guests
- Funding collection
- Securing of and liaison with sponsors and event partners
- Support for speakers, and sponsors, prior to, during and after the event
- Event branding and marketing
- Collaboration with LAB, BALID, LIS Institutions for TLT awarding as appropriate
- Organisation of catering and/or communication about self-catering options
- Establishing a supportive, positive and inclusive environment at TLT nights, and communicating this before, during and after the event
- Managing the event budget
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for people who work well with others and can get things done. We welcome library professionals, who work with technology, and technologists. Most of the Committee’s work will be done via email and, meetings will take place primarily by video conference/ webinar.
You will need to commit to:
- Contribute a few hours a week to the job – more in the first three months before the event
- Respond to committee communications, actions and responsibilities in a timely and professional manner
- Attend 1-hour monthly Committee meetings – primarily by video conference
We’re looking for a diverse range of people, backgrounds and skills: people from typically under-represented backgrounds, sectors or demographics are particularly encouraged to nominate.
How to nominate:
Interested people should email email@example.com with a statement of up to 300 words outlining why you are a good candidate to join the TLT Awards and Fun Night 2019 Organising Committee, and what you hope to gain from the experience.