Ms Razina Akhter, Librarian, Bangladesh Shishu Academy presented a Paper at University of Marmara, Republic of Turkey
The First International Children’s Libraries Symposium was held on 14-17 November 2018 at the University of Marmara, Istanbul, Turkey. Ms Razina Akhter, Librarian, Bangladesh Shishu Academy was invited with a grant to present a paper in the symposium. Department of Information and Records Management University of Marmara, Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Culture and Tourism Libraries and the Publications General Directorate Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Development Directorate of KOP Regional Development Administration jointly organized the event.
Ms Rezina presented a paper on the Reading habit of Comics by children and comics as reading materials in children’s libraries with other two participants from Bangladesh.
The First International Children’s Libraries Symposium included the following topic heading this year:
- Children’s Libraries’ as space
- The use of Information Technologies in Children’s Libraries
- The role of Children’s Libraries in the preschool period
- The relationship between children’s libraries, families and social environment
- The provision of high-quality service in children’s libraries
- Creating high-quality collections in children’s libraries
- Information literacy in children’s libraries (lifelong learning)