OER librarian resources
Open Educational Resources
Creating a new OER? It is best practice to provide access to an OER under a Creative Commons licence. Use the OER Licensing Toolkit to decide which licence is most suitable for your new resource.
Explore and use these sites for Open Education content and resources :
- OER Commons Open Educational Resources
- EOL Encyclopedia of Life
- Wiki Educator
- Open University
Visit the Smartcopying site which has a useful OER toolkit for teachers, curriculum and e-learning developers.
OA directories and resources
- DOAB – Directory of Open Access Books
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- OpenDOAR – Directory of Open Access Repositories
- OAD – Open Access Directory
- ROAR – Registry of Open Access Repositories
- SHERPA/RoMEO – Publisher copyright & self-archiving policies
- SPARC – Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition
- Open Access to Knowledge (OAK) List contains information about publishing agreements and publishers’ OA policies.
Metadata librarian resources/cataloguer resources