“Innovation and Trends in Information Science – Practice, Research, and LIS Education”-2022 Information Science Summit
ASIS&T, ALISE and iSchools invite you to join the inaugural in-person/virtual Information Science Summit entitled, Innovation and Trends in Information Science – Practice, Research, and LIS Education taking place on Friday, October 28, 2022, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM EDT at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel.
The Summit is co-hosted by three organizations – ASIS&T, ALISE, iSchools Organization, and sponsored by SLA along with the SJSU, Simmons, and Syracuse iSchools. Due to the generosity of these sponsors, registration is completely free for in-person member attendees, including a complimentary networking lunch and refreshments throughout the day. Registration for virtual attendees will be $100.00 for regular members and $50 for students.
The program will include welcoming remarks from Dr. Naresh Agarwal, ASIS&T President; Dr. Lisa O’Connor, ALISE President; Dr. Sanda Erdelez, iSchools Organization Chair; and Monica Evans-Lombe, SLA Managing Director; followed by keynote addresses from Dr. Steve Sawyer, Editor of The Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) and Camille Mathieu, Knowledge Management Program Manager at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Naresh Agarwal, ASIST President
- Lisa O’Connor, ALISE President
- Sanda Erdelez, Chair, iSchools Organization
- Monica Evans-Lombe, SLA
- Steve Sawyer, JASIST Editor
- Camille Mathieu, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
- Rong Tang, Simmons University
- Jonthan Clay, Trend Micro
- Tonia San Nicolas-Rocca, SJSU School of Information
- John MacLeod, Director, XRLibraries
- Timothy Collins, Varjo
- Jeremy Nelson, Director, XR Initiative, University of Michigan
- Microsoft HoloLens Research Team Member
- Catherine Dumas, Simmons University
- Anthony Chow, SJSU iSchool
- Noah Glaser, University of Missouri
- Souvick Ghosh, SJSU iSchool
- JonLuc Christensen, NASA/Caltech Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Darra Hofman, SJSU iSchool
- Michele Villagran, SJSU iSchool