IFLA Green Library Award 2023: Call for Submissions
Applications are invited for the IFLA Green Library Award for 2023.
Objectives of the IFLA Green Library Award
- To reward a Green library / Green library project that best communicates a commitment to environmental sustainability
- To create awareness of libraries’ social responsibility and leadership in environmental education
- To support the worldwide green library movement, concerned with
- environmentally sustainable buildings
- environmentally sustainable services, activities, programming, information resources, collections and projects
- conservation of resources and energy
- To promote the development of green library initiatives locally, regionally and worldwide
- To encourage all types of libraries to actively present their green activities to an international audience
In line with IFLA Key Initiative 1.1: Show the power of libraries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, the award helps to advance the profession through illuminating the role of libraries and librarians in the advancement of sustainability standards and the promotion of specialized knowledge within professional practice.
The prize is awarded in two categories:
- Category 1: Best Green Library/Grand-Scale Project
- Category 2: Best Green Library Project
A special recognition may be given to a project that was carried out with minimal resources but has a significant impact.