Prodip K Roy (Editor-in-Chief)
Prodip Roy AALIA (DCP) is the founder of The Librarian Times. He is currently a library Officer (Digital Collections) Copyright, Digitisation and Repositories at RMIT University, Melbourne.
Mr Roy is also a doctoral candidate in Business Information Systems of the School of Business IT and Logistics at RMIT University. His bachelor degree was in Information Science and Library Management from the Dhaka University, Bangladesh, followed by a master degree in the same discipline. He also completed a Master of Library and Information Management degree from the University of South Australia under the School Of Computer And Mathematical Science.
As the founder, he leads The Librarian Times team in implementing its vision and mission. He was the founder President of the Bangla Language and Cultural School, Adelaide, South Australia from 2013-2015.
- Delegate, The National Tertiary Education Union, RMIT University Branch Australia
- Associate Member and Distinguish Certified Professional (DCP) of Australian Library and Information Association AALIA (CP) since 2010
- Individual Member of International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) since January 2019
- Member of The Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) since January 2019
- Life Member of Bangladesh Association of Librarians Information Scientists and Documentalists (BALID) since 2009
- Life Member of Library Association Bangladesh (LAB) since 2014
- Member of VALA – Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc. from 2016 to 2018
- Member for Creative Commons Australia Chapter and lead responsible for Open Ed (Tertiary)
- Member of the Creative Commons Global Network since January 2019
- Co-Chair (Elect) SIG – III, Leadership role, The Association for Information Science and Technology for 2019-2021
He wants to play an active role in the ongoing improvement of library digital environment in many facets. TLT is his personal initiative, and the idea is to share knowledge and exchange ideas with fellow librarians around the world. He wants to take his knowledge and experience to share with people, especially those back home, to help them, and to spread the knowledge.
Contact Email: [email protected]